Finding Grooming Blades and Clippers for Your Dog
Grooming your pet is not just a matter of having them look good. For health and hygiene reasons, many breeds need regular trimming and grooming for their coats. Even if you use a professional pet groomer, having a grooming kit at home can help keep your dogs hair and nails in order between visits.
Is There a Difference Between a Trimmer and a Clipper?
The terms clipper and trimmer are often interchangeable, but there is a difference.
- Clippers: Use dog clippers for cutting hair length over a wider area. These dont cut close to the skin, so you generally use them for cutting the coat on the body or torso of a dog.
- Trimmers: Use these for the finer detail and any areas where you do need to trim hair close to the skin, such as around your dogs ears, paws, muzzle, and smaller areas.
What Features Does This Brand Have?
Andis are makers of hair equipment including clippers and grooming accessories for people and animals. This company has been around for over 95 years and have various types of dog grooming gear for at home use. The features of their clipper products for dogs include:
- Detachable blades: You can remove detachable blades from clippers quickly and without tools. The length of the blade and attachment comb determines the length of the hair. Models with detachable blades from this brand include those in the AGR, AGC, Excel, ProClip, UltraEdge, AG2, Easy Clip, Pulse, Pro-Animal series.
- Adjustable blades: You remove adjustable blades by unfastening two small screws on the slipper. These also have attachment combs, but you can vary the length of the haircut by adjusting a lever on the equipment rather than needing to change the blade.
- Corded or Cordless: Models are available with rechargeable batteries or electric, depending on whether you prefer to operate your equipment with or without the heavy-duty cord for power.
- Speeds: 1-Speed (single speed), 2-Speed, and 5-Speed models are available for different coat finishes.
What Accessories Can I Find?
Andis provides a range of accessories for their dog clippers, along with a full selection of other grooming equipment. These include:
- Blades: Blades of all sizes with variances in lengths and widths. Use different blade sizes to suit different breeds of dogs.
- Comb Attachments: Attachment combs in all sizes are available as individual pieces or in sets to guide different lengths of cutting.
- Carrying Cases: A storage case can protect your grooming equipment while it is not in use, or if you want to be mobile and portable for grooming away from home.
- Batteries and Chargers: Replacement battery packs for cordless models, along with cradle units for recharging are available should you need them.
- Maintenance Products: Cleaners that work with the metals in your blades and equipment will keep them in pristine condition.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Andis.