Flannel Duvet Covers and Bedding Sets
When cold nights make it hard to stay warm, flannel bedding and flannel duvet covers can help retain body heat and make the bed feel cozy. Whether you have a twin bed, queen-, or king-size bed, flannel sheets may let you get a good nights sleep without you having to turn the heat up. Flannel duvet covers and sheet-sets can also enhance your bedroom decor when you want to change it up.
What is a duvet cover?
A duvet is a bag that is filled with warm bedding materials, such as down, wool, or synthetic alternatives. The duvet is covered by the duvet cover, which can be removed for cleaning. Flannel duvet covers and bed sets come in a variety of sizes and patterns, making them a great option when you want extra warmth at night.
What is flannel made of?
Flannel is a woven material that is made from wool, cotton, polyester, or other synthetic fibers.
- Cotton flannel: This is a type of flannel that is soft, warm, and breathable. Cotton flannel generally feels dry to the touch and has a luxurious feeling.
- Microflannel: Made from polyester fleece, this type of flannel tends to feel soft and is an excellent choice for those with dry or particularly sensitive skin. It is pet-friendly and may be easier to maintain than its cotton counterpart.
How do you put a flannel duvet cover on?
While cotton and microflannel duvet covers offer a variety of advantages over traditional comforters, they can be tricky to put on for those who have never used them before. Here’s one way to do it:
- Step 1: Lay the cotton-flannel duvet cover flat on the floor or bed. Have the opening facing toward you.
- Step 2: Fold the duvet cover in half so that the opening is still facing you.
- Step 3: Fold the duvet cover again so that it is in thirds.
- Step 4: Fold the duvet into thirds just like the cotton flannel duvet cover.
- Step 5: Slide the folded duvet inside the flannel duvet cover.
- Step 6: Grab both corners of the duvet and the duvet cover firmly.
- Step 7: Shake the two pieces together until the duvet fits snugly inside the flannel cover.
How do you clean flannel duvet covers and flannel bedding?
Flannel requires special care to keep it looking and feeling new and soft.
- Before you use your duvet cover and other bedding, you should wash all of the pieces with 1 cup of white vinegar, which can help prevent pilling.
- Excess lint shedding for flannel duvet covers and flannel sheets on the first few washings is normal.
- When washing flannel, use lukewarm water, and dry it at a lower setting.
What do bedding sets include?
Cotton flannel bedding sets usually include several pieces, including:
- A brushed, fitted flannel sheet
- A brushed-cotton flannel top sheet
- A brushed-flannel duvet cover
Some flannel bedding sets may also include a sham and some decorative pillows.