Find the Right Folding Power Wheelchair
Folding power wheelchairs provide ease of travel and portability for those who have mobility challenges. They are more lightweight than the heavier, rigid models, but not as nimble as those with no power packs. The folding power options, which are available on eBay, can allow for a more active lifestyle.Different types of folding power wheelchairs
There are several types of these wheelchairs that can address body type and required usage, among other factors. These include:
- Heavy-duty or bariatric: These folding power wheelchairs are available for users from 241 to over 350 pounds. See the manufacturer for details.
- Pedriatric: Folding power wheelchairs for children may have options that allow them to grow with the child.
- Lightweight: These folding power wheelchairs, usually made of aluminum, can be carried like a suitcase or easily transported in a car or van.
Folding power wheelchairs can be used in situations like these:
- Level surfaces: You can travel over sidewalks, most gravel pathways, and grassy surfaces.
- Battery range: The wheelchairs are useful within a battery range of 11 to 14 miles.
- Car travel: You can carry one of these wheelchairs in the trunk of your car.
- Comfort: Use these chairs when you want extra pads in the seat, back, or sides.
- Speed: You can go up to 6mph in these wheelchairs.
Many factors are involved when considering which model is right for you. Before choosing a new or used wheelchair from the options available on eBay, you may want to ask yourself these questions:
- Will the wheelchair be used full- or part-time? Is it for outdoor mobility?
- What features do you find most necessary and appealing? Do you need a lift seat? Is a wider berth required? Are headrests or footrests needed?
- What type of performance is needed on the wheelchair? Is distance important? Is speed the dominant requirement?
- Is the wheelchair comfortable to your body type? Is the padding in the right places? Are the armrests the right width apart?
- What is the size and weight of the wheelchair? Are you going to be able to lift it? Will it fit in the trunk or storage area?
Individuals are not required to have a prescription to purchase a folding power wheelchair. If you expect to receive reimbursement from an insurance company for the purchase, however, you will most likely need a prescription. In this case, you may want to talk with your insurance agent or doctor.