Get the Right TIG Welder For the Job
If you need to join two pieces of metal together, a TIG welder is an excellent tool to use. TIG welding (also known as Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) is applicable to almost any metal, is small in stature for easy transport, and it is versatile for many applications. There is a large selection of new and used TIG welders available on eBay that will fit any residential or commercial job with ease.What are the advantages of using a TIG welder?
These affordable TIG welders are versatile, making them great for all sorts of jobs like fixing farming equipment or welding the railing on your porch. TIG welding has many advantages that you can read about below.
- TIG welders can be used on almost any type of metal including aluminum and stainless steel. In fact, the only metal that is incompatible with TIG arc welding is cast iron.
- Not much spatter occurs with this kind of welding.
- Use of a filler metal is not always necessary depending on the application.
- The welder has a much higher level of control than with other machines. Its much easier to make difficult welds and control the depth of penetration.
- The operator has separate control over the heat source and metal filler, allowing more precision.
The biggest difference between the two is that in the case of the former, welding rods are fed into it manually, and in the latter, there is a continuously fed wire that is automatically activated when you pull the trigger.What should you consider when buying a TIG welder?
There are a few important points to mull over before making a purchase.
- Size of the job: Consider the size and sophistication of the job. TIG welders are great for performing difficult maneuvers and controlling the depth of penetration, but that comes at the price of speed.
- Power needed: There is a big difference in the power needed for repairing a car door in your garage and joining steel beams on the work site. Also, even on smaller machines, you can get one with an inverter power core, which is more efficient and productive.
- Price: Cost is always an important thing to take into consideration. eBay has lots of options available, and you can specify your search to stay in the money range youre most comfortable with.