Kimono Condoms and Contraceptives
Kimono condoms, available in an assortment of lengths, widths, and thicknesses, are manufactured from a range of materials. Many have distinct features for specific purposes. Condoms are often treated with lubricants and/or spermicides. Kimono also sells lubricants and a vaginal contraceptive sponge.What materials are condoms made from?
The most commonly available condoms are manufactured from rubber, either natural or synthetic. Polyurethane condoms are made from thin, clear plastic. Lambskin condoms are made from the intestinal membranes of sheep. The list below offers more information about each type.
- Natural latex rubber comes from the sap of the Hevea brasiliensis tree. Latex condoms are quite durable because they are able to stretch up to 800% before breaking. Latex condoms should only be used with non-oil-based lubricants as oil-based ones can degrade the rubber.
- Polyisoprene is a type of synthetic rubber. Its main advantage is that it tends not to irritate people with allergies to latex. These condoms are also very stretchy and less prone to breakage because they are slightly thicker.
- Polyurethane is a is a type of thin, clear plastic. Polyurethane condoms are FDA-approved for effective control of pregnancy and for protection from sexually transmitted diseases. They are also thinner, stronger, and not as tight as other types of condom. They are a good alternative for those with latex allergies.
- Lambskin condoms are popular because they are thin condoms that provide a natural, intimate feeling. They do not cause latex allergy, but they also do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
Kimono sells a vaginal contraceptive sponge made by Today. The Today sponge is completely free from hormones and offers 24-hour protection. The sponge is composed of soft polyurethane and contains a spermicide called nonoxynol nine, which has been in use for more than 40 years. The sponge acts in three ways: by absorbing sperm and creating a physical barrier; by blocking the sperms path to the target ova; and killing sperm via the nonoxynol nine spermicide. The sponge is applied similarly to a tampon. Once inserted, the sponge cannot be felt, and it may be used for multiple acts of intercourse.What sorts of distinct features do some condoms have?
In addition to a range of condom sizes that include large and small condoms, there are different types of condoms that provide users with different sensations. These condom types include:
- Ribbed: These condoms contain a small series of raised edges, called ribs, along the sides. When you engage in sexual intercourse, the ribs rub against your partners skin for extra stimulation.
- Textured: Similar to ribbed products, textured condoms contain different types of texture around the edges. You might notice small bumps or nubs on the surface. Some products contain texture on both the inside and out to stimulate both partners at the same time.
- Ultrasensitive: Ultrasensitive condoms are designed for those who want to feel more during sex because of the thin design.