Napkin Rings and Holders
Whether you are planning a simple dinner for two or an elegant dinner party for several guests, a napkin holder and napkin rings can add a special touch to the layout. From heart napkin rings to festive holiday themes, there is a wide variety available. Keeping a few details in mind will help you weigh the options and choose the right combination for your event.How are napkin rings and holders different?
- Napkin rings are used to display a cloth napkin at each table setting. The napkin is folded and pulled halfway through the usually circular napkin ring, adding a festive touch to the table linens.
- Napkin holders are designed to hold a stack of paper napkins either on end between two barriers, or horizontally within a square frame. When set on a table or counter, diners can take napkins as they need them.
Napkin rings are made of a myriad of materials.
- Natural materials used include wood, burlap, jute, cotton and seashells.
- Metal options are made of aluminum alloy or stainless steel with chrome, gold, silver or copper finishes.
- Stone napkin rings can be made of marble or granite.
- Other materials used include ceramic, acrylic, and metal inlaid with jewel tone stones like amber, ruby, and emerald.
- Many napkin rings are sold in sets of four or six, while others need to be purchased individually.
- Sets of 24 or 100 are available for weddings and other large celebrations.
- Paper bands are sold in cases of 2,000-20,000.
- Horizontal napkin holders often incorporate a paper weight that either moves freely or is hinged to the side of the holder. Napkin weight styles include clips, bars and spherical elements attached to a metal arm.
- The sides of standing holders can be flat and solid, or feature arches, woven textures, posts or scroll designs.
- Napkin ring designs all wrap around the napkin.
- They can be circles, squares, spirals, or arches with a flat base.
- Some have style elements like hearts and snowflakes attached to the front, while others are in the shape of the elements themselves.
- Disposable paper bands come prewrapped around folded white napkins, or flat with self-sealing glue so you can wrap them yourself.
- They come in several colors and designs, and can be customized with monograms or messages for your special occasion.
- Paper napkin rings also come in white or silver lace patterns for elegant dining.
Napkin holders and napkin rings can be purchased for every occasion throughout the year.
- Heart napkin rings are popular choices for Valentine's Day.
- Sleigh bells, Nutcracker characters, snowmen and holly are some winter holiday themes.
- Flowers, pine cones, maple leaves, and butterflies celebrate seasons year-round.
Taking into account the materials, sets and designs available should help you choose the right napkin rings and napkin holder for your needs.