Purple Curtains, Drapes, and Valances
Purple is a color that has been associated with royalty, magic, and mystery. The color purple has its own wavelength on the visible spectrum, and it is available in a range of shades from lilac to eggplant. Purple drapes, curtains, and valances are used for both home decor and functional purposes.What are the features of purple curtains and valances?
Some of the features of curtains and valances that you might find include:
- Rod pockets: Rod pockets have a hidden pocket where the curtain rod can be inserted for ease of hanging. The rod pockets cover the curtain rod. Rod pockets feature double stitching.
- Tabs: Tabs are flaps of fabric at the top of the curtains. They are formed into loops. The curtain rod slides through the loops. The tabs allow part of the curtain rod to be visible.
- Grommets: Grommets are pieces of metal that are pierced into the fabric of the panels. The rod is woven through the grommets for hanging the panels or sheers.
- Blackout curtains: Blackout curtains are designed as a method to block sunlight, moonlight, and outdoor artificial lighting. The polyester blackouts offer varying degrees of darkening for a room.
- Lined curtains: Lined curtains block out some of the light. A person on the outside should not be able to see through the windows and into the house when the lined curtains are closed.
- Sheers panels: Sheer panels for window decor allow nearly all of the light to pass through the window. They generally allow for a full view into and out of the window. Semi-sheer panels are less see-through than completely sheer panels.
- Window treatment sets: Window treatments that come in sets may include a window valance, sheers, lined curtains, drapes, and tie backs.
- Select a material: Select a sheer material such as silk, floral lace, faux lace, or polyester. There are also opaque window decor items made of polyester, velvet polyester, cotton, cotton blends, and linen.
- Choose a size: Window treatments and blackout curtains are available in a range of sizes. To determine the size you need, measure the length and width of your window. Window treatment sizes are expressed as length by width in inches.
- Select a style: There are many styles of this window decor, including tiered and cafe curtains with swags, sheers, drapes, blackout curtains, unlined window panels, and door panels. There are also window treatment sets available in purple. The fabric may be solid in color or have a striped or floral pattern.