Picking Out the Perfect Gaming Headset
Are you interested in getting a headset that will make gaming more convenient and fun? Here are some important factors you should consider as you shop for headsets.
Should You Get Corded or Cordless Gaming Headsets?
Cordless headsets are ideal for the active gamer. They keep you from getting tangled up in a cord, and you can get up to grab a snack without ever having to take off your headset. However, if you want fast setup, a corded gaming headset can be nice because you just plug in the USB connector or aux cable and go instead of having to fiddle with pairing the headset to your console or PC. Another perk is that wired headsets do not need to be charged.
What Types of Games Do You Play?
Do you spend a lot of time in multiplayer first-person shooters like the Call of Duty series? You're going to want a headset with good audio and a sensitive microphone for strategizing with your team. If you like more traditional console games then communication may not be as important, allowing you to go for a more affordable model. An additional consideration is where you play. Is privacy an issue? A noise-canceling headset may be appreciated by both you and roommates or family members.
What are Your Mic Options?
The mic is a big part of any good headset, and pretty much critical for multiplayer games. Most headsets have either a boom mic, where the microphone is attached to an extendable arm, or an inline microphone that is built into the headset. Inline microphones give you a sleeker look and get in the way less. However, boom mics can help isolate your voice from background noise.
What are Some Helpful Gaming Headset Controls?
At the most basic level, it's useful to have volume control and a mute button on the headset for easy controls. For more customization, look for gaming headsets that have an app or on-screen settings where you can equalize volume, adjust bass settings, and further tweak your sound system.
How Do You Get a Headset Compatible with Your Setup?
If the headset is corded, make sure it has a connector that will fit into your computer or console. For cordless headsets, you need to check that it can work with your device. For example, if the headset is Bluetooth, you can only use it with a console or computer that picks up Bluetooth devices.
What are Popular Gaming Headset Brands?
Here are some big gaming headset brands you might want to check out:
- Turtle Beach: Popular among competitive gamers, these are known for being especially friendly to those who wear glasses.
- Sony: Sony headsets are especially useful if you like playing on PlayStation, but they are also popular with PC players due to their ease of use.
- Steelseries: These high-end headsets focus on high-fidelity audio and extra comfort.
- Corsair: Corsair is a popular budget pick that offers all the essentials without pricey frills.
Certified Refurbished Gaming Headsets
A high-quality headset can be expensive, but there are options if you're on a budget. eBay's eBay Refurbished headsets are guaranteed to arrive in like-new condition, including packaging, instruction manuals, and accessories. Your headset comes with a 2-year warranty and a 30-day return/replacement policy that begins when you receive the package. Only select sellers can participate in the program, and they're held to eBay's highest standards of customer service. Shopping Certified Refurbished products is a smart way to access premium brands at bargain prices.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony, Corsair, Steelseries or Turtle Beach.
Users looking at Video Game Headsets have also viewed Ps4 Headset e Headsets have also viewed Ps4 Headset
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products.Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about ebay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
Ship it back:You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.