What You Need to Know About Viking Oven Parts
Viking Range, LLC, makes a full line of appliances for kitchens, including ovens and stoves. With several parts needed to make sure these stoves function properly, you?ll find many parts, even those for commercial-style units, ready for your at-home use.How does a Viking downdraft ventilation system work?
The downdraft ventilation system is designed to replace a bulky overhead hood above stoves in small kitchens where space is limited. The part is typically connected to the back of the stove and sits in a special sleeve until it is activated for use. The smoke and vapors from the stove are pulled into the vent on the unit and then sent out of the kitchen.What part heats up a Viking electric stove?
Viking electric stoves use a part called a bake element to function. The part looks like a square basketball rim that snakes around the upper and lower surfaces of the stove. There are typically two bake elements: one at the top for broiling and one on the floor of the oven for baking. Electrical impulses are sent through the element to warm it up and to provide heat to the oven.How hard is it to replace a bake element?
Replacing a bake element in a Viking oven is fairly straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Always disconnect the electric service to the stove before working on an element.
- Step 2: Remove the screws from the back plate of the element where it connects to the stove wall.
- Step 3: Slide the element away from the wall and detach the electrical connectors to the element.
- Step 4: Lift the element off the brackets used to hold it in place and remove it.
- Step 5: Connect the new element to the connectors and screw back into the wall.
- Step 6: Set the element into the brackets.
This igniter is used to ignite the gas coming into the stove. It uses an electrical current to heat it up. Once a certain temperature is reached on the igniter, a sensor opens a valve on the gas line to allow gas to flow into the burners on the stove and warm up your food.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Viking Range.