Enhance Your Vision with a Vortex Spotting Scope
If you're often out in the field, you know how helpful a spotting scope can be for seeing things at far distances. Vortex is an American-based manufacturer of various optical equipment. You can shop for new or used Vortex spotting scopes on eBay.How do Vortex spotting scopes differ from one another?
As you look for a Vortex spotting scope for sale, you'll want to think about a few things:
- Angled or straight body: An angled scope is usually at a 45-degree angle, so it can be comfortable to use even if you are sitting or lying down. Angled scopes can be mounted relatively lower on tripods, which can give them more protection against the wind. Straight spotting scopes are easier for beginners to use, as you simply aim in the direction of your target. They're also ideal if you're moving around a lot or looking at things below eye-level.
- Magnification: High-end models will have more magnification than the cheaper spotting scopes. Take the Vortex Razor HD spotting scope, for example. Magnification starts at 11-33x50 and goes up to 27-60x85. Since the price on these Vortex Razor spotting scopes can vary greatly depending on the magnification, this is definitely something you need to consider.
- Objective lens diameter: The larger the objective lens diameter is, the crisper the image you'll see. The size of the objective lens usually goes hand-in-hand with the amount of magnification the scope offers.
There are three major categories of spotting scopes made by Vortex:
- Razor HD: The Razor HD scopes are premium tools used by those who need high clarity and magnification. They have triplet apochromatic lenses for high-definition viewing. If you want one of these but are looking for a cheaper price, go with a used Vortex Razor spotting scope.
- Viper HD: These scopes cost less than Razors but are packed with features, such as high-definition viewing, magnification up to 15-45x65, and XR multi-coated lenses,
- Diamondback: If you're searching for a cheap Vortex spotting scope, check out the models in this collection. They're made to be light and compact so you can easily take them with you on your travels. Their magnification is either 20-60x80 or 20-60x60.
All of them are built to be waterproof, thanks to O-ring seals that prevent moisture from getting in and harming internal components. Many are fog proof as well. These will use argon gas to prevent internal fogging.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Vortex.